If you are one of the few that love doing things by themselves or do not trust online stores then you can make your own topical CBD oil balm by yourself.
Here are the ingredients you need:
14-16 ounces of pure coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of beeswax, Essential oils (Optional), and 1 ounce of cannabis.
You would also need the following materials: Equipment to grind the cannabis (preferably a food processor), one crockpot, large spoon, sieve or strainer, cheesecloth, funnel, used cream container to store the cannabis balm.
- Smoothly grind your cannabis in a food processor or any other device that you chose.
- Mix ground cannabis and coconut oil in the crockpot.
- Turn crockpot on and set it to low.
- Leave it on low for the next 8 hours or overnight if you started in the nighttime.
- After 8 hours add beeswax and stir until beeswax is completely melted.
- Add essential oil now if you wish you use it.
- Get your sieve or mesh strainer and line it with cheesecloth. Then cover a bowl or container big enough to hold the mixture with the lined strainer.
- Pour cannabis from the crockpot through the cheesecloth.
- Allow it to drain as much as possible. Squeeze it to release more liquid.
- Get rid of the former cheesecloth and line mesh with new cheesecloth.
- Strain to get all the liquid out.
- Pour out cannabis balm into the container that you intend to store it in.
- Allow it to cool before you start using it.